Thursday, December 28, 2017

Red and Green Non-Christmas Gatefold Card


I am late in creating a card for our latest Incy Wincy Designs Challenge on Red and Green. This challenge runs for a whole month! It took me an extra week to finally get to it since the holidays kept me busy and I got a bit of a flu, too. Thanks to my sons! I am glad to be back.

Do you have one of those days wherein you already have a plan for your card but decided to do something else, only to find out that you will go back to your original plan because the new plan didn't work? This is one of those projects. I changed my original plan after I've put together all the supplies I was planning to use. I wanted to try out the new dies I've bought that's why I changed my design.  After several tries and changes, it still wasn't working. Thanks to my eldest son, to whom I frequently ask for feedback, I went back to my original design.

I am using an 8 1/4" x 5 1/2" white cardstock. I scored this at 2 1/8" on both ends creating a gatefold card. When folding, make sure the ends meet so there will be no gap in between that could reveal a part of the inner card. I adhered different patterned papers on both flaps, one from Bo Bunny and the other, from Authentique.


I printed the image on watercolor paper. The image is from one of our sponsors for this challenge, Bugaboo stamps. I colored the image using Gansai Tambi Kuretake watercolor, mixing the silver with the red and green to add some sheen to the dark pigmented colors. I painted this mix on the flowers and the leaves. I painted the vase gold. I die cut the image using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Square die. I watercolored the edges of this image paenl with the same gold watercolor I used for the vase.

For the sentiment, I am using a stamp from the Altenew Label Love stamp set. I embossed this using Wow! Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder. I used a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen to trace the letters on the label stamped impression and make it pop.

For the layer, I adhered a red patterned washi tape around the edges of a white cardstock. For the sentiment, I covered a white cardstock with the same washi tape. I adhered the image panel and sentiment strips using adhesive foam.


To finish off the card, I applied a strong adhesive to just a side of the back of the image. For the image, I applied adhesive on the back right side. I adhered this to the left gate panel of the card. For the sentiment strip, I did the opposite. I applied the adhesive on the left side of back of the sentiment strip, then adhered this to the right gate panel.

I applied dew drops to the center of the flowers for added embellishment.

I hope you join our latest challenge. There is still a long way to go before the challenge ends.

Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.


I am sharing this creation at



No comments:

Post a Comment